Thursday, November 06, 2008

Don Print 'em all - Instead Clip 'em



Recently bought a HP DeskJet 4185 -  Prints @ reasonably good speeds + Photo printing is its speciality along with  Scanning and photocopy.

Looks absoultely compact for the functions that it performs. When the dealer elaborated its functions, a reasonably heavy gizmo was what i had picturized and i was preparing myself for a muscle-aching walk back to the car. But then after the box came and i laid my hand on it, voila it wasnt all that bad. Pretty light to be earnest.

Coming back to the device, one wonderful aspect worth mentioning is the 'clipping' feauture that it provides.   During the device driver installation , coupla new options gets appended in the Internet explorer's (version 7 is what i employ), edit menu.  They are 'standard selection' and 'hp smart selection'.  There in lies a real paper & ink saving effort. 


   



Once you are on a page and you want to print stuff from it, clipping helps you in zeroing on the exact content you need. By default its enabled in IE. So you just drag it like how you do for a text selection and say print for printing at once or clip to clip stuff and store it in a separate window(all those clips can later be merged together, more or less kinda stitch photograph, if am not wrong). Simple, ai'nt it ?

Right now the feauture is only supported in IE. Expect it to be a integral part of chrome too, pretty soon.  Not sure if such feautures are already provided by other players in the market , but then this is defintely a move towards better and sensible printing.. I love it..Way to go HP !

8 comments:

Vijay Vaidyanathan said...

I can make some nice collages with such a feature :)

It does save a lot of paper, especially if you're someone who regularly prints out web pages.

Printer Evlo aachu? Remember the times when we used to go around every house in search of a printer for our lab records? Raghu printer thaan pala thadava kai kidukkum Deivamaa irundhudhu !!!

Kartik said...

ha ha..true da.. still remember those days :).. The device costs Rs 3500 da, pretty reasonable for the utilities that it provides, i'd say.

Anonymous said...

[... ] is one another great source of tips on this subject[...]
http://homeinsurance.cheap-quotes.info/

Anonymous said...

Hi friends
Do not miss your chance to get a free ipad. Visit http://bit.ly/cmmVr7

Anonymous said...

hi ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for that singular make. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were around 170 dollars everwhere. But finally I bring about this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that singular brand. The prices for the shoes were all over 240 bucks on every site. But completely I found this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good morning people. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the boots are all over 330 dollars everwhere. But finally I found this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what is your opinion?